Monday, November 2, 2015

POP-POP

This week was good! So to start out I got proposed to the other day on the street by some like 40 year old. I was walking and she was selling strawberries and she started talking to me and I just walked by and and said no thanks and my comp was like, dude did you even hear what she said? And he told me - so yeah there's the funny story of the week.
So last week I was pretty discouraged that we didn't get any investigators at church for like the zillionth week in a row so me and my comp talked a lot about what we could do better. We decided to work harder and be more diligent in our studies and to just be more bold than we have been. So we did them both. So this past Tuesday when we taught the Toapantas I shared alma 5 verse - I forget - but I was like this is why we are here. We are here serving because we know these things to be true and we want others to know too! I was like we are doing our part, we are telling you exactly what you need to do to receive an answer, but you aren't doing it. Then my comp went and a member talked to (returned missionary from Brazil like a couple weeks ago) he always kills it when he comes with us so he did awesome! Unfortunately at the end of the week they used their agency and chose not to come. I was pretty upset, not only because I sat outside my favorite bakery for 20 minutes while I was fasting but because I really believed that they would come this time. Next week.
So at church we had 3 investigators come to church!!! I FULFILLED MY PROMISE! I was so jacked even tho the Toapantas didn't come. So who came was Rafael, Marcia (a new investigator who is awesome and takes notes our entire lessons) and Pablo and his parents. We don't teach Pablo's parents, but we are going to try to start! So Pablo's fecha is the 14th so maybe we could get him to baptize his parents after we teach them which would be way awesome! Bad news tho we found out last night that my favorite investigator Rafael can't have a fecha if he isn't married. It's a bummer cuz he was on the 14th too, but unless we get him married by then he can't be baptized. But sunday at church I got up to bare my testimony and just made it super basic for all our investigators, and cuz I can't really say my full testimony in spanish. But hopefully it had some sort of impact on them! 
Anyways the work is getting better and I'm super happy we finally had some investigators at church! More next week baby!!!!
I love you all! Thanks for writing me talk to you next week!





This is me feeding the dog that my comp and I are dog sitting while the owner is gone, haha (it's my Lizzy of Ecuador) 


No comments:

Post a Comment