Monday, November 23, 2015

Qué pasó?

In case you were wondering "assistances" refers to investigators attending Church.  The Spanish word is asistir, which means to attend.  That's your Spanish lesson, courtesy of Dustin.

So buckeyes losing basically ruined my pday. Gosh dang it, Daniels. 

Fun stories for the week - so we had our zone talent show this past friday. To prepare for that we rented a Barney costume as a zone and got on buses passed out fliers and got off. I was in that thing for like an hour and no joke wanted to die! My gosh, but it was super funny to see other people in it. But while I was in it I was dancing on the bus in it and the bus turned and I TANKED! I flew straight onto my back stuck between these grandmas not to mention I exposed my identity to the bus cuz the head flew off haha. Everyone started busting up laughing and tried helping me up. I felt hopeless while on my back, hahah. 
About the talent show it was fun! Not as many showed up as we would have hoped, but we tried really hard so not much we could do on our part. At the talent show our ZLs had an investigator who wanted to dance, and my gosh it was that the funniest thing I've ever seen on my mission! I learned so many new moves from him! Remind on Christmas and I'll show you some, haha. But the guy is "pretty borderline gay" as our ZLs described to me so they were so feminine haha. Another bummer about it was everyone got references from the talent show, but me and my comp. We got jacked cuz we got some, but our investigator who came just put her name and some other people we teach with her on it. Sooooooo got notin. 

If you guys wanna get jacked......................... BAPTISM % OCLOCK THIS SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Marcia is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew she was legit from lesson one! She's so awesome! She had her 3rd assistance yesterday so she is "good to go" - taco bell
I'm seriously sewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww happy about that! 
Onto some other news. So last week I talked a little about Pablo. Well after we finished writing, we went up to see him. We got there and his mom comes out and explains everything to us. She said "I don't want him getting baptized in Vista Hermosa (my ward) because we don't have anyone we know that goes there." We explained to them the rules and she goes "I don't get it. Why can't he go to San Rafael where his grandma goes?" So we explained the rules again and she goes "well we didn't baptize him as a kid because we want our kids to choose but we don't want him going to that ward." Pablo wants to get baptized, but his parents won't let him. Now onto the other drama of Pablo. The kid got his face absolutely beat in apparently the other night. They beat him up and stole everything off him. We tried to visit him thursday but his mom said he said he doesn't want to see anyone while his face is all messed up. So now its going to be even harder to get him baptized in our ward after that incident.

RAFAEL HAS GOT 3 ASSISTANCES BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But he still has so much marriage stuff to work out that guy really dug himself in a huge hole, but hopefully we can get it all figured out before I leave this sector which wont probably be for another 12 weeks. 

Toapanta family. We talked to them yesterday, but didn't teach and I'm basically ruling them out. I honestly don't think they want anything. 

I'm super jacked about Marcia! She is so awesome and I'm so excited for this saturday baby!!!!!!!!!!! Especially because it's me and my comps last week together cuz hes been here for 4 changes! Marcia though is definitely going to be a true convert! I'm so happy about this! 

I love you guys thanks for writing me! Ill talk to you all next week! 






No comments:

Post a Comment