Monday, April 24, 2017

La Chamba

The "chamba" took a big hit this week. Adam taught me that word. He said thats what they called the work in Mexico so I thought it was more fun to say chamba than obra so I do. Ill explain later why it took a hit. 

This week we had zone conference and it was pretty good. So president starts out the conference saying "we have good news and bad news. The bad news, Elder Christofferson came and visited our mission this past monday. It was short notice and only invited the missionaries in quito. Good news, we are going to spend the next 30 minutes talking about it." I just about punched someone in the face. Stupid emergency changes. They did a pretty good job talking about it. He left a blessing on the mission however I forgot my notes in the house so I forget exactly what the blessings were. Still feel a little bitter. 
A couple highlights of the week. 1. my sandals broke so I decided it was a sign that since it was like my 3rd pair, that it was time to buy crocks. They are just the greatest. They also look super swaggy. 2. I started making the mama de los batidos. I call it "la mama". Its basically just a ton of fruit, eggs, avocado, milk, vanilla, and the secret ingredient, pony malta. I like drinking it while I have my crocks on.
So like I said, la chamba took a hit. We went 3 straight days without a lesson. I wanted to die because it was so hot those days and you just stand outside of every house crying and knocking for like over 5 minutes because they told you to come and they lied. Not only that, just about every contact denied us too. Needless to say, I passed out at the end of every day. Then to top off that we got denied every contact, yesterday, the ONLY investigator that we had, decided to drop us. Like excuse me? I drop you you dont drop me. After that happened I told my comp I need to sit down. I sat on a stair for like 30 minutes cuz I didnt know what to do anymore haha. That night I told the zone leaders what happened and they said "are you going to go teach him again?" After he said that I didnt respond for like 10 seconds cuz I literally almost said "you idiot I just said he said I dont wanna listen anymore. Why would I go back?" After the conversation I was doing some pondering and I thought of the districts when the investigator "jinx" thinks she received an answer and that the mormons arent for her. The missionaries didnt give up on her. Anyways, yeah so I decided since he studies in Riobamba, like 5 hrs away from Tena, that I would call him and invite him to read the book before he decides to drop us. I will inform you next week on the outcome.
So on saturday we did divisions so i went to the other sector in Tena. It was awesome because we had a lesson. But it was also great because the guy we taught has been looking for an answer to his question about what church is true. He said he has been studying with the testigos and adventistas and catholics and everything. So his mom is adventista and he lives with her. So we were teaching him and then his mom comes in right when we are starting the first prayer and she just gets so mad. She like starts throwing a temper and everything haha. It made me think a lot though in Acts 5 verses 41 and 42 because she literally hated us because we were teaching the truth. Ive been thinking a lot about that experience including yesterday on my half hour stair sit. We are getting rejected left and right right now here in Tena. Its way hard and it honestly makes the days so long. But I am grateful that everyday I get rejected representing the name of Jesus Christ or as the scripture puts it being counted worthy to suffer shame for His name.
Well la chamba continues. At least if the day is hard, i get to go home and put on my crocks. It always puts a smile on my face. So does putting on my placa. 

I found a bamboo log and I tried to cut it with my machette. But because I was so tired I actually fell asleep on the ground and my comp took a picture of me sleeping

Just a couple dollops of tuna. That tuna was straight gold. 5 bucks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment