Monday, June 6, 2016

Fitness?

So this pday we were pretty bored and we heard about this huge burritos in Ambato. So me and my companion decided we would go drop about all our apoyo on these $10 burritos! THEY WERE HUGE!!!! 50cm! Filled with beans meat, chicken, cheese and all that good stuff. You know I went to town! You know this new 170lbs Elder Welch was not going to let it defeat him. You know I went in there and bought it and when that puppy came out to me I'm not gonna lie, I was a little intimidated, but with a phrase Ivy has once taught me I said "Fitness? Fittin-nis whole burrito in my mouth" and I took it like a champ. You know Elder Rhees couldn't hang.
       
Anyways, enough about that amazing burrito, this week was a little rough. Let me explain why. So remember that baptism that was supposed to happen? Well it didn't. Let me explain why and hopefully I don't get to fired up. So Friday night we had consejo and the bishop now knows 24hrs in advance that not only do we have a baptism, but there is no electricity in the building. Saturday morning we see the bishop at the church, still knows there is no electricity in the building. Saturday night we start trying to fill up the font around 4:30 and the water is TRICKLING out! Like It would take no joke a year to fill that font up at the speed it was going. We call the bishop and say "there is no electricity in the church, no water. What do we do?" He says ill be there. Shows up around 5:30. At this point my companion is like punching walls and I'm just trying to laugh it off and stay happy and we have a hose in the font with buckets in all the sinks to help speed the process. After Bishop shows he does the same things I've already done about 100 times and says exactly what I've already known. So he leaves and calls me around 7 and is like elder i called the electricity company they should be there soon. Its like well thanks bishop but why didn't you do that last night when you knew there was a problem cuz the baptism starts in 30 minutes. I'm starting to lose my happiness at this point but Its still some what there. We had about a foot and a half of water and only lights where the font is. We didn't know what to do, I got instructions on the "rules of baptism" as in what is valid as going under and stuff and me and my comp debated it and called president and hes like you could do it, it just wouldn't be too spiritual of an experience in freezing cold water of a total of 18 inches. I, no lie, wanted to do it thinking it would be cool to baptism in water so low haha but i realized it wouldn't be too spiritual with the circumstances and i complied with the orders. I was so upset. Then to top it off, galo wasn't at church yesterday so it was probably better we didn't baptize him and now we need to decide if we do it saturday or wait. Lots of prayers will be said this week to know.
        
Crazy story of the week part 2. So wednesday morning we taught Galo at 7 AM and he doesn't live close byany means, and after we taught his brother. Then we were asked to go give some blessings to his sisters son. So we go into there house and he is just SURROUNDED by virgin Mary pictures. I thought he was dying and then i just felt really uncomfortable. We give the kid a blessing, then we had to give the rest of the family comfort blessings, then we left. About 15 minutes later on the walk home, Cesar, Galos brother, calls us and goes hey my mom wants to talk to you guys. And so we go back and shes like "the spirit got me i almost passed out" meanwhile she was holding a cigarette and a bush was burning in the family room. I was like, "whats this bush for" and they said the smoke takes out all the spirits. So i went "okay take this bush outside. youre only making your grandkid sicker, put that cigarette out. that's why you almost fainted. There is too much smoke in this house." It was just such a bad vibe in that house. so glad that's over with. Its just so sad to see down here how much more people believe in the virgin Mary than in God. Its honestly ridiculous. I hope the church buys the land the huge virgin statue is on in Quito and puts the new temple there. i would be so happy.
        
Right now in my mission I feel like I'm in the highest spiritual growth I've had in my whole life. President Brown and elder McConkie really have strengthened my testimony along with the book of Mormon. Its just so awesome and I just love being a missionary now more than ever, and especially being a member of this church. This church is true. Everything we learn as kids is true and the teachings of the scriptures are all true. I love it.
         
The new fact I've learned this week is that the Lord and his prophets always go hand in hand. They are always together. Especially how important Joseph Smith was as a prophet. If you guys want an amazing talk to listen to listen to "Joseph Smith, a Revelator of Christ" Its honestly such an amazing talk. Highly encouraged. I love listening to talks now. Its what I listen to at night as I get in workout number 2 for the day. they are just so uplifting and spiritual i love it! 

Thanks so much to everyone who has had a spiritual impact on me growing up. I truly am happy here. I'm happy that I've been learning so much and able to help so many come unto our savior! This church is true! BOOM! La verdad! (such a lame quote haha) Anyways thanks for all the emails! I love you all! Talk to you guys in a short 7 days! 


No comments:

Post a Comment