Monday, May 30, 2016

COTOPAXI!

FYI, Cotopaxi is an active volcano in the Andes Mountains located about 30 miles south of Quito.  It is the second highest mountain in Ecuador, reaching a height of 19,347 ft. It is one of the world's highest volcanoes.


So today for pday I went to COTOPAXI!!!!!!!!!!! It was pretty cool not gonna lie. We just went with our zone leaders no one else and one of them is super into hiking rapelling and climbing and stuff like that. Its so funny bc he will only speak spanish but when he starts talking about that he gets to excited and switches to english. So the whole time he was quizzing our tour guide and afterwards he told me all the errors the tour guide made. haha pretty funny. I was a little bummed though bc i never got to actually touch cotopaxi. I was maybe about 50 yards away from toucing it. Its because it just recently went from a red to a yellow and so we got permission from President bc of that. They only let you on though when its lower than a yellow. So, if i come back, I want to come when its lower than a yellow. Then i will get to touch the snow! Thatll be cool
So as far as work goes its been pretty slow. we had a lot of time outside of our own sector this week so we didnt get very many full days working in our sector. We had a Zone Conference with President on Wednesday, my zone is over an hour away from our sector, and then we had some meeting thursday morning so we just spent the night in Ambato with the Zone Leaders. It was good though because i went with Elder Furner, old companion, for about a two hour divisions. Fun to teach a couple lessons with him again. Especially since last time I was with him i was just out of my training so nice to show him I can actually speak and teach now haha
Investigator wise, Galo Mullo got his baptismal interview yesterday and will be baptized this saturday if all goes to plan! WOOOOOOOOO!!! We have been working so hard with him and so has satan so im so glad that its finally going to happen! Pray that all goes welll!!!!
 
The fam molina has been a struggle to get ahold of. We only have the dads cell number and he works for the police and has such a weird work schedule that its hard to plan for him. We just try to pass by him everyday though so we can at least teach him a couple times each week. We were only able to get one lesson with them this week. Normally he isnt home right when he says he will be so we usual play soccer with their kids, I dominate, then he comes home and we get super spiritual lessons in with them. He just has weird work schedules so its frustrating. I know eventually theyll get baptized, but its hard to know when. I would love to be here when it happens though!

Anyways week has been good! I read a quote that i really loved and thought I would share it with yall "We can not fully enjoy or practice our religion unless we have our testimonies anchored and founded in Jesus Christ" It really made me think about how much my testimony is anchored on the Savior. I have a super strong testimony of our Savior but is it as strong as it should be as a missionary is what I've been asking myself. We belong to the church of Jesus Christ. We need to be anchored in Him. I love you all! Thanks so much for the emails! It means a lot! Talk to you all next week! 





No comments:

Post a Comment