Monday, September 21, 2015

Feeling better!

I wanna start by saying how nice it is after two weeks to have my full writing time. Wow seriously so great!  
Alright so lets start at the beginning of the week. When I wrote you monday, I thought I had experienced all the sickness. Man was I wrong. I woke up tuesday with the worst stomach pain ever! I diagnosed myself with just about everything starting with appendicitis, to kidney stones, then to finish it, I diagnosed myself with death. Not only have I beat downs, but I beat death. No but for real I legit thought I was dying. I didn't throw up tuesday but I was at a zone conference all day and thought I would die in the chapel. Luckily I didn't. My companion started getting the symptoms I had on monday. So after that on tuesday the nurses sent us home. Wednesday came along and he woke up perfect again.  I on the other hand didn't. Third day in a row with a 102 fever and I was literally on my death bed. I slept all day and threw up all day too bc the stomach pain got so bad at points. By Thursday I was doing lots better, and now here I am on monday almost feeling 100%. So its all good here. My companion was very loving and patient with me.  
Thursday we taught a lesson with Rafael. He has been taking lessons and has accepted baptism and a fecha (or as I call them fetchya). Those haven't worked tho bc he lives with his girlfriend and doesn't want to marry her. Then just a couple weeks before I got here she got pregnant so now they have to. So this week we taught him lesson one. I of course had no idea what was going on half the time, but I tried. I did do the baptismal question though and he accepted! Except he didn't come to church this past sunday so we need a new date with him. But what's awesome is he has expressed interest in being married now to his girlfriend so I might have my first wedding in my first transfer baby!  
So Saturday night we finally were about to teach this family we contacted "about a week agoooooooo", well two families. We were waiting for their husbands and after about a week we said forget it so we brought our own guy. It was so awesome we taught these two sisters and their families! So a total of nine people! We taught them all of lesson one. (side note, before we go into this lesson my companion said what points do you wanna teach I said idk, but not the first one and he goes cool.) We get started with the lesson and he turns the time over to me and looks at me and says teach point one you got this good luck. I looked at them and said in my head, "oh flip." So like that whole first point I kept looking at him saying "como se dice..." haha seriously didn't go too hot, but oh well they got the message. After that I said a quick prayer and got back in it and did well when asked to speak again. The family is so awesome, and they are super interested! They will for sure be baptized within these next 12 weeks! Anyways, at the end we got them all to agree to come to church the next day and I invited them all to baptism! They all accepted so we had 7 fechas for that day! We were so stoked! the next morning we got a text saying one of the sisters had an emergency and went to the hospital (and for some reason down here when one member goes to the hospital the whole family goes) soooo we had no one at church! We stopped by later last night though and asked how she was doing and confirmed our cita with them for tonight! Keep this family in your prayers I don't know their names because it's way hard, but God knows who I'm talking about in my prayers. Other than these folks we've been contacting our butts off, so please pray for us!  
I love you all so much! Thanks for everyone who wrote me, it meant a whole lot! Till next time! I love you all! 

Elder Welch

PS happy birthday this past week to Ivy and Reese! Hope they were awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment