Monday, February 15, 2016

Nocha Blanca!!!!

So to explain my subject, yesterday in Consejo de barrio my bishop folds up a piece of paper and hands it to me. I open it up and its like you have been asked to speak next sunday for 15 minutes. I looked at my ward mission leader sitting next to me and I'm like hablame enserio! I'm so mad haha I've given one talk in english for 15 minutes and I'm pretty sure it was 15 minutes. Now my first talk in Spanish. ugh bahumbug. The bishop looks at me and is like since you don't like to speak I'm gonna make you speak for 15 minutes in front of everyone haha I'm like okay I don't like you. And I have to confirm Zamanthaon sunday too and probably the Maldonado family too because they all passed their interviews for this saturday. So this next sacrament meeting may only make sense to me because I'll be running the show and probably not speaking proper spanish. 

So yeah like i said the fam Maldonado passed their interview last night. We went and borrowed $100 from a member to get them married this week. Its all good I'm like 99% certain this week is the week for them! 

Zamantha passed her interview too saturday night. She is still doing really good!
So something cool our zone is trying to do is a noche de blanca. Its where we are going to go to the stake center and just have one big baptismal service together as a zone and since as a zone we are about to have like 15 baptisms this week, basically every elder will be in white and its going to be so sweet if we do that! Once all the interviews are over and they have all the names ready the ZLs are going to ask president. So you may be getting the coolest picture next monday!
Alright Saturday was honestly the best day in the world! Besides a service we did in the morning helping someone move it was awesome! Saturday was our conference with Elder Holland!!!!!!!!!! We got the whole deal baby! We got the yelling the pointing the in your face we got it all! With the sake of time I'm going to tell you my favorite part of the whole conference. So at the very beginning hes like alright i got a microphone on my tie so i can leave this pulpit and walk around and use the board. So he gets down he starts talking and then this is where the real magic happens. He starts yelling, I don't want to say yelling cuz that sounds bad but you know what I mean you have heard him speak. but anyways he goes "DON'T YOU DARE TAKE THIS CALLING LIGHTLY! DON'T YOU DARE! IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHY YOU'RE HERE YOU COME TALK TO ME TODAY! THIS VERY DAY! DON'T YOU DARE JUST THINK OF THE MISSION AS A CHECKLIST!" It was honestly such powerful stuff and I'm kinda guilty of what he said as viewing the mission as a checklist. I always thought once I complete this mission I can get on with my life. Then he said "don't think after the mission you can get back to real life cuz this is as close to real life as you'll ever get" i was like woah I remember when Dustin wrote home and said that in one of his letters and I didn't get it then. I still don't so anyone who can explain that to me rocks haha. But yeah he literally killed it! He goes we have the same calling. Apostle means missionary the only difference between me and you is that I'm in here for life, i have some keys you don't, and I've seen some things you haven't. It was the craziest best thing I've ever heard. I want to hear more! I cant wait for general conference! Bet dad never thought I would be saying that one but that conference got me so fired up! Wow 
Anyways this week was good! Keep praying for me and my patience. I'm excited to work more this week! Thanks for everyone who wrote me! I love you all! Talk to you next week!  


 Us with our ward mission leader and Zamantha 


From left to right of the family photo: 
Elder fish(my brother) me, my dad, Elder calder(gramps), and my uncle Elder arambarri  


Maldonado family  


No comments:

Post a Comment