Monday, June 5, 2017

Hurrah for Israel

Never thought that this day would come. I remember starting out the mission thinking man the day will never come and now it came faster than I thought. Its pretty hard thinking I have to say goodbye to this pretty soon. 
Just so you guys know, when I started the mission I had a goal. It was to not come home weird like Dustin did (I would say Tyler as well but he left weird so he came home the same. Just couldn't understand him). The way I figured I would complete that goal is by not letting the mission go through me and rather I just go through the mission. I don't know when it happened, but I'm so grateful that it did, that the mission started going through me. I still feel like I'm the same guy as when I left, with obviously the same interests because I miss the gym like crazy, but I know what's actually important now in this life and that really we are in a preparatory state to live with God and our Savior again. I wont risk not getting that again. 

On the mission I've learned so much more about the Plan of Salvation and about everything else. My testimony has shot up like crazy and there's no convincing me otherwise that these things aren't true. I know who I can trust and who is always there for help when I need Him. Maybe you have heard the saying that your strongest convert on the mission should be yourself and I can 100% say that. 

Being given the opportunity to share the gospel with all my brothers and sisters these past 2 years has been a great privilege. It hasn't been easy and many times I wanted to hit these people because of their hardened hearts, but I have really come to love them. Just the thought of not seeing an old woman walking with her cane and a big sack of who knows what on her back makes me want to cry. I love Ecuador and I love these people. 

To finish off I want you guys to know that I know that this church is true and the only true church of Christ. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and will bring anyone closer to God and Christ by reading it and applying it in their lives because I have done it and have seen the difference. I know that Christ lives. I know that this is His work and that nothing will stop it from going forward. I love my Heavenly Father and I love His Son. Hurrah for Israel. 

See you all next week, 
Elder Welch

The cake :(

No comments:

Post a Comment